Fly Fusion Forums

Skaggit Line Recomendation

alhuger

heyt dude...its basically a piece of speyline that u purchase seperate......rio makes em..check out wholesale or any of the other local shops..they have a ton of lengths anywere frmo 2-10 feet i think u can get a set of em too i belive with is a pack with a 2.5'er, 5'er, 7'er and a 10'er or something like that...

If you are fishing 15' tips you can probably get by without the cheater. Shorter tips will definately require the use of the cheater. As they are sold 4 to a pack and are kinda pricey you may want to try sansd cheater before breaking out the wallet.

Personally think the weight recomendation is bang on for the sage, not sure about the beaulah(I am sure that Courtney would know for sure but is probably somewhere between the snowstorm and island paradise)

If you are fishing 15' tips you can probably get by without the cheater. Shorter tips will definately require the use of the cheater. As they are sold 4 to a pack and are kinda pricey you may want to try sansd cheater before breaking out the wallet.

Personally think the weight recomendation is bang on for the sage, not sure about the beaulah(I am sure that Courtney would know for sure but is probably somewhere between the snowstorm and island paradise)

Thanks, that's good to know. I will be fishing tips which is a little intimidating given I suck at casting them although I am told a skaggit lines makes it a little easier. True? Hopefully I will get some practice time in before I make the trip.

-al

Skagit casting can have some different casts to it meant for pulling up sink tips - check out the Rio spey DVD if you have it or look up the circle spey and snap t casts, but the double spey remains the same.

Beulah recommends a 500-550 grain skagit line for their 8/9 spey.

Skagit casting can have some different casts to it meant for pulling up sink tips - check out the Rio spey DVD if you have it or look up the circle spey and snap t casts, but the double spey remains the same.

Beulah recommends a 500-550 grain skagit line for their 8/9 spey.

Cool,

Thanks Cheeler.

You guys sure like the cold weather! My diesel was very noisy in the mornings...Returned to the Island late last night and had to get onto the water this morning...

Brian is bang on with the need to fish with the cheater...you will be able to get by with out the cheater...longer rods seem to like the cheaters better....We do have CND Skagits and cheaters if you need any...

will get back onto this a bit later

...have to get some groceries...

C