Fly Fusion Forums

Download Video Onto Computer

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest Sundancefisher

Anyone know what I would need to buy for hardware and software for tranferring video from camcorder to computer and then for manipulating the video?

Someone mentioned Pinnacle software.

Any suggestions? We have a Dell maybe 2-3 years old.

Thanks.

Sun

Hi Sundance

Depends on your videocamera. If you have a dv video camera you will need a firewire connection to transfer your video onto your computer, some older cameras will transfer via USB2.

We use adobe premiere elements software, seems to be easy to use. Requires a lot of computer to run it.

Windows movie maker is found on most computers, it will do basic editing

M3M

Guest Sundancefisher
Hi Sundance

Depends on your videocamera. If you have a dv video camera you will need a firewire connection to transfer your video onto your computer, some older cameras will transfer via USB2.

We use adobe premiere elements software, seems to be easy to use. Requires a lot of computer to run it.

Windows movie maker is found on most computers, it will do basic editing

M3M

So what is a firewire connection? Do you find adobe worth it? How much is it about?

A firewire connection is also called a IE3394 or something like that, it is a small rectangular port(about 3/8" long with a small indent on the top, with 4 pins) on your computer. Your video camera if it is a miniDV should also have this slot. I think sony vegas will be a good program as well, we got adobe as a gift but i believe it is $125 compared to about 80 for sony vegas. If you have a dell notebook without a firewire port you can also add one as rusty mentioned in your PCIA slot with an adapter card. I have a used card and cable for sale if you need one.