Fly Fusion Forums

Poachers Nabbed

Great job Greg. I'm still pissed i missed that guy with 2 rods in the water. Took off pretty fast when he saw me. I need to go fishin.........3 more days till i'm off for 6. then it's BOOOYAAAA hello Bow

Guest Sundancefisher

Great Job Toolman.

I have had two really bad experiences reporting poachers. Once on the Elbow just above Glenmore I caught 5 guys poaching out of season. I was nice enough to tell them it was off season and they said who cares. I then walked home and called Report a Poacher. The Fish cop made it down, caught them in the act and....only gave them a freaking warning. That is after I told the guy on the phone that I WARNED them. They kept fishing and should of had the book thrown at them. Very frustrating.

Also while fishing on the North Sask at the confluence of the Sturgeon I caught 4 guys poaching walleyes. They must of had 50 between the 4 of them in plastic garbage bags. Because the seemed to have an operation going I left, went to a pay phone, called the fish cops and then went back to fish. About 1/2 hour later the fish cop did come. He parked at the top of the hill in plain sight, walked the 10 minutes down to the guys who by that time had dumped all the dead walleye into the river. All they got ticketed was using to many rods as they forgot they each had two going and for two not having licences (those guys got warnings for that infraction).

Jeepers it makes me super happy these guys got caught. If you find out they pleaded guilty...let us know. Quite often the judges go easy on these guys in the past. Hope that has changed also.

Cheers.

Sun