Fly Fusion Forums

Help Choosing 3 Wt

I am looking to get a 3wt rod any suggestion would be great. I will only use it for small streams and dry flies. Something that can handle a little wind!!!

I have looked at the TFO Signature series or the finesse 3wt also the GLoomis stream dance 3wt this maybe a bit out of my price range unless I can find a sweet deal. Would the extra money be worth it for the Gloomis?

Any other rods I should be looking at?

Anyone have a rod they want to sell?

Thanks Wayne

Which TFO Would be best?

What about the sage fli?

Thanks

I went shopping today with a friend who was in need of a new outfit.

After some research I figured we would go for the TFO Finesse to try first.

After a few casts he did not want to try another rod, he fell in love with the Finesse.

I have a handbuilt rod by Dave Lewis for the small streams and I tell you that if I did not have that one, the store would have sold two Finesses today.

I think it is a very nice fishing rod more then a casting canon.

I am looking to get a 3wt rod any suggestion would be great. I will only use it for small streams and dry flies. Something that can handle a little wind!!!

I have looked at the TFO Signature series or the finesse 3wt also the GLoomis stream dance 3wt this maybe a bit out of my price range unless I can find a sweet deal. Would the extra money be worth it for the Gloomis?

Any other rods I should be looking at?

Anyone have a rod they want to sell?

Thanks Wayne

I have a tfo ti 3wt and love it got it for a great deal at the highriver flyshop paired witha small fly logic reel probably being blown out to make way for the finesse series.anyways this rod can hadle big bows no problem 18 to 20 inches which I've got with this rod.

Guest bigbadbrent

I only fish TFO's anymore, cause i have a habit of breaking guides a couple times a year, or something of that sort. I also get everything from the High River Shop (flys etc), and there is no easier way to get them back. The rod's are definitly made for casting, not chucking, which u gotta love

Though, i am building a Thomas and Thomas 4 wt in the near future, with help from Flys Etc

My wife bought me a TFO 3WT for Xmas '05;I couldn't wait to try it,fished the Bow early in the new year.The only

fish I caught that day was a 24" brown that went aerial about 5 times before I brought it to hand.The TFO and

Okuma reel handled it just fine;I, on the other hand,was sh***ing myself with excitement!LOL

I've used it on creeks plenty since-I like it so much I persuaded wifey to buy me a TFO 6" 2WT for my birthday

last year.Too much fun!

I only fish TFO's anymore, cause i have a habit of breaking guides a couple times a year, or something of that sort. I also get everything from the High River Shop (flys etc), and there is no easier way to get them back. The rod's are definitly made for casting, not chucking, which u gotta love

Though, i am building a Thomas and Thomas 4 wt in the near future, with help from Flys Etc

Does the high river shop have a web site? Phone #

Thanks Wayne

Guest bigbadbrent

Dont think they have a website, they're a real small company, mom and pop. Phone is 601-6120

LK, 3 and 4's are the most fun on the bow