Fly Fusion Forums

Cruz Lite Outboards

Guest tallieho

sorry i don't have any info. on your ?.but if i may offer this to you ,don't believe what's on that cowling .i did a little research this past year on outboards & much to my amazement i found out that almost 80% of the motors out there today are manufactured by tohatsu motors. don't believe me pull off a cowling on any merc.johnson.the only 1 that stayed true to there name was honda.i bought a 4-stroke 9.9 tohatsu from porta bote had it shipped to calgary in 4 days for 1700.00.runs like a top cheers

Well here's my 2 cent's

There light and are very low power.. I have some experience as a marine mechinic.. Light because as far as I can tell they don't have a "Gear Box" or much of one from looking at the part's diagrams and the "features and benifets" section. They don't have a true neutral or reverse either. Good idea being able to turn the motor 180 however If you need to stop or restart the engine in while reverse at an inconvient time.... Well you see what I'm getting at, all the controls will possiably be on the wrong side of the boat. The clutch system to keep the prop from turning at idle seem's a bit diffrent, to me from all other outboard's.. I'm sure has it's pro's and con's. I have a 14' boat with a 15 merc it's a bit much but, does provide for a bit more speed. Being that as it is a 2hp that being the biggest they make you will find is really not enough power, unless you stick to small lakes, in that case a 30lbs thrust Minn Kota will serve you much better and quiter and save a ton of cash. and open up a few more small lake's that are electric only. My thaught would be to stick to a 9.9 of some thing close that should get you the best of both world's, if you go over 10hp you will have to register your boat (Not a BIG deal).

Good luck

Andy

Well I'm in Airdrie, I had a carreer change about 8 year's ago, but still work on outboard's on the side at home.. If I can be of help, let me know.. being a Fly Fish board I'm not sure if too many people have boat's... I personaly enjoy both.

Andy

Guest tallieho

i personally preferr the stillwaters myself,the name is brian tight lines & i'll keep you in mind ,i'd definitely sooner give my money to a board member for services rendered.