Fly Fusion Forums

Destinations

How about we create a list of great places to go. Let's leave out the home waters (wouldn't be any offered anyway :)) and keep it to places you would go once a year or less. Give a bit of a review and hopefully we will see some budget trips along with some "bucket list" trips. Personally, I'm interested in a 1-2 week camping trip location, 4-8hrs away, if anyone is offering any suggestions. I'm pretty sure Montana is if my future but not sure where yet.

Langara, salmon fishing (although admittedly, not fly fishing, but it's all I got):

http://www.langara.com/

I was lucky enough to get not 1 but 2 trips to Langara through work contacts and truly a trip of a lifetime. I have fished Queen Charlotte Lodge and West Coast Resorts to compare to, and there is no comparison, although QCL is close. Fishing method is weighed line and cut-plug herring, no flashers or downriggers.

Pros:

Scenery, whales, eagles, seals, etc, etc. Bring your camera.

Best fishing method, as close to surface fishing as bait fishing can be.

Food and hospitality are unmatched.

Fish all day, no time limits.

Cons:

Price. This one will set you back a bunch.

Wish I could afford another trip :(.

New Orleans. Fished there 3 days last spring with Miles Larose from Shallow South Guides and Lucas Bisset of Louisiana Low Tide Guides. Redfish (up to 25 lbs) were the primary target but also got into some Crevalle (25 lbs) and saw Black Drum and Gar.

Great city to visit and doesn't have to break the bank. Don't remember the price of the guides but as I recall it was similar to a day on the Bow.