Fly Fusion Forums

Looking For A One Man Float Boat Thoughts?

I'm selling a 12 foot NRS Otter self bailing raft with frame and oars. The boat weighs 70lbs and rolls to fit in a hatch back. The frame breaks down into 6 four foot pieces of pipe. Included is a 12 foot NRS Otter self bailing raft (no patches, no wear spots, excellent condition). A 54" NRS bighorn frame with seat, footbar, cooler/box/bench bay, oar towers and oar locks; and 3 Carlisle oars and blades with oar rights. Will fit in a truck box or on a sturdy roof rack inflated. Or rolled it will store in a car, inflates in 5 minutes. You can row this boat on any fishable river in the area (unlike those pool toys mentioned above ...cough*Dave Scadden boats*cough ;)...). PM if interested with reasonable offers otherwise I'll hang onto it till the spring.

As much as i can vouch for scaddens. This is good advice. Especially if the price is right.

thanks guys,

let me know what you got charged to ship to canada as well.

I've found a third option i really like, but once again, there is something that makes it less than perfect

http://www.catchercraft.com/freestonepontton/

$1500

35lbs (ex oar weight)

with a proper rowing frame and cataract oars

post-4197-0-93817500-1477932965_thumb.jpg

Raft is bladderless and made by jakes plastic welding.

Only concern is that it is single chamber, but a proper rowing frame and cataract oars are appealing

thoughts? any advice on JPW or single chamber?

i think the scadden is single chamber as well

i'll hit up the whitewater forums as well as hopefully they will know a thing or two about these

JPW makes great products in the whitewater world. It'll depend on the material used though (which I couldn't find in the 30s I looked). Hypalon vs PVC and the weight of the material will be important to know. Both can be good but you'll get up to 30-40yrs out of a hypalon boat. Single chamber is very surprising at that price point. If you puncture it, you better start rowing! Oar-wise, The cataract's are the way to go. Worth every penny. The frame is galvanized steel pipe so pretty lightweight but its a small boat. Don't drop your beer!