Fly Fusion Forums

Well I Made It......

pblundon

Hello Again! Made a post a few months ago about moving to Calgary and got a few great responses...thanks again! I have finally made it to Calgary(via BC for the last several years, and Newfoundland originally) and am beginning to settle in. Just got back from a few weeks on the Skeena and am getting the itch to fish( took all of two days). Have moved to the sunnyside area and have been exploring the river the last few evenings looking for potential places to fish and it is looking promising. Just wondering if anyone has any tips for fishing this stretch. It is my understanding that browns use the upper stretches of river to spawn so maybe I should be avoiding this section altogether???? Also, looks like I am going to be free for the next couple of weeks so if anyone is looking for someone to fish/drift/shuttle with or wants to take pity on me and help me get my head around the Bow in any way, I would be greatly indebted. Hope to here from you soon.

Phillip

Welcome to Calgary!

I haven't fished that section much, so I'm not very helpful. But I did want to let you know that it is closed as of today until Nov 30th.

from Bearspaw Dam downstream to Western Headworks Diversion (W.H.D.) Weir (including the Elbow River below Glenmore Reservoir).
circle-filled.jpg CLOSED Apr. 1 to May 31 and Oct. 1 to Nov. 30
circle-filled.jpg June 1 to Sept. 30 and Dec. 1 to Mar. 31 – Trout limit 1 under 35 cm; All Trout over 35 cm must be released; Mountain Whitefish limit 5 over 30 cm; Maggots are the only bait allowed and only in the river from Aug. 16 to Sept. 30.

• Like 1