Fly Fusion Forums

Overnighter In Southern Alberta

hybridfive

Hey guys just got back from a long over due fish catching trip. Been on vacation in Australia for 6 weeks and never even caught a cold the hold time i was there, talk about some bad luck.

Packed up the tent and hit the road to some of my fav fishing spots in the world.

Day one was all about the dries. Stimulators, Caddis, Humpies, Stones and Hoppers. Cutties and Rainbows were hitting everything!

The evening rolled in some thunder showers and the extreme winds of up to 95KM/Hr stayed into the next days afternoon. Was a tough go fishing in winds so strong it was blowing sheets of water off the surface but i found a bit of a sheltered pool, threw on a streamer and was smashing it! Never had such a great bull trout day in my life. Landed 10 19"+ Bulls all on my left over saltwater flies from Aus.

photo2_zps3c56390e.jpg

photo5_zps6846b47d.jpg

photo3_zpsaf17d475.jpg

photo4_zps0740a784.jpgphoto10_zps88b6851c.jpgphoto9_zpsa81c5c85.jpgphoto8_zpsbc5ef5d9.jpg

photo7_zps7d3d65db.jpgphoto6_zps2d4ead8e.jpg

• Like 3

Hey guys just got back from a long over due fish catching trip. Been on vacation in Australia for 6 weeks and never even caught a cold the hold time i was there, talk about some bad luck.

Packed up the tent and hit the road to some of my fav fishing spots in the world.

Day one was all about the dries. Stimulators, Caddis, Humpies, Stones and Hoppers. Cutties and Rainbows were hitting everything!

The evening rolled in some thunder showers and the extreme winds of up to 95KM/Hr stayed into the next days afternoon. Was a tough go fishing in winds so strong it was blowing sheets of water off the surface but i found a bit of a sheltered pool, threw on a streamer and was smashing it! Never had such a great bull trout day in my life. Landed 10 19"+ Bulls all on my left over saltwater flies from Aus.

photo2_zps3c56390e.jpg

photo5_zps6846b47d.jpg

photo3_zpsaf17d475.jpg

photo4_zps0740a784.jpgphoto10_zps88b6851c.jpgphoto9_zpsa81c5c85.jpgphoto8_zpsbc5ef5d9.jpg

photo7_zps7d3d65db.jpgphoto6_zps2d4ead8e.jpg