Fly Fusion Forums

A Used 6Wt Rod Query

Taco

Well I guess Brown charges storage fees on top of it's usual brokerage fees as the rod been sittin' in Calgary for 13 days. Phoned customer service and was advised of another minimum 3 day wait and a total shipping/brokerage/GST bill north of 100 bucks on a $199 USD clearance item. Let them know that I would be refusing delivery when it does show up and contacted the seller. Full refund comin' when it shows at their warehouse. Also shows I shouldn't impulse buy, was advised if I had contacted the sellers they would have shipped USPS.

Friggin' Brown!!!!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Last and final update!

UPS, in it's infinite brown wisdom and +/- 35 days, decided to classify the shipment as abandoned in spite of having no record of ever trying to contact either the receiver or shipper. I'll give Brown one thing, their tracking system is very good because it was me keepin' an eye on that summbitch and contacting the shipper that we averted a disappeared rod. All is good.. I got a complete refund and I found and bought a mint still with hang tags Sage SP 690-2.

In case anyone notices.... I'm not a "latest and greatest" guy anymore. They quit buildin' SPs in '02

PS, the brokerage bill for $85.26 got here today too... efficient buggers.

Why all the hassle with brokerage,customs and all that BS??

I ordered a clearance Sage FLi from Red Truck in CA a few years ago and picked it up at PO maybe a week later?30ish bucks shipping iirc?No hassle/no duty....easy peasy and almost half price what my local Sage dealer wanted(told me he would get full retail regardless for discontinued rod/told him to pound sand)

The duty and brokerage fees these days seem to be ridiculous. I've ordered a few things lately from the states and every time I get it there is a brokerage/duty fee attached to it. If you get a good deal on something like Vagabond did then it's worth it but I'm finding alot of things are just as cheep to buy here now. Ebay and shopping in the states isn't the same as it use to be a couple of years back. And the shipping is just getting stupid.

Gettin' stupid or it's as cheap as it's ever gonna be.....either/or

And it was Red Truck/Leland who messed up. Their website clearly states USPS but they stuck it on a UPS truck for "expediency".