Fly Fusion Forums

Any Ufc Fans Here?

Guest ArtVandelay

There must be at least a few here on this male dominated forum. Anyway, Tim Sylvia...YAWN! I just never like watching this guy fight, and last night was no exception. Some of the blame has to be on Yves Lavigne, however. He just let that rope-a-dope-clinch crap go on far too long. Big John wouldn't have tolerated so much of that, I'm sure. And I just don't think he has the skill set to compete in the UFC. He won last night, but not convincingly, by a long shot. He's asked for Cheick Kongo for his next fight, and he might have a legitimate chance against him. But the next time he faces a fighter like Randy Coture, or even Gabriel Gonzaga, he's going to have his ass handed to him again. Not impressed.

At the total opposite end of the spectrum, there's Anderson Silva. To echo the sentiments of Joe Rogan, this is one scary dude! Is there even anyone in the middleweight division that can give this guy a decent challenge? I know it'll never happen, but I'd love to see him move up a weight class and take on some of the big guns in the light heavyweight division. As I've quickly learned, though, no one in the UFC is unbeatable. That was made clear to me with the two recent losses of Chuck Lidell. I used to think he too was unstoppable. Now that he's lost a couple, the holes in his game are apparent to me.

All of this is just my opinion. of course. Glad I didn't pay $40 to watch last night's event.

Neil

Guest bigbadbrent

Liddell was a chump, soon as he faces a pride guy he gets wrecked

UFC doesnt matter till Fedor Emelianenko shows up, no one can beat him..

i was stunned by Cro Cop the last couple times, he was a wrecking machine in Pride, and hasn't done much.

Wanderlai Silva should come over soon too, that'd be good

Don't watch it. I don't see watching people beat the living crap out of each other. I just don't get it.

Glen, I'm the most non-agressive guy you'll ever meet. And I wasn't a fight fan until I started watching UFC. It's just intriguing to me and I'm totally facinated by it. It's not like boxing at all. To each his own, I guess.

I hear Andri is coming back, a silva vs orloski gruge match.....

Fedor might show up now since Cortuer retired, fedor is a punk btw.... to scare to fight a old man like Cortuer, hmmmm sound like the ass whoopin Seria is giving Huges on TUF....

I wanna see more of that crazy hawaiian P.J Penn

Btw did anyone see Fedor's little bro fight on fri night, had a co-worker that was going to it.

Guest Rocknbugs
There must be at least a few here on this male dominated forum. Anyway, Tim Sylvia...YAWN! I just never like watching this guy fight, and last night was no exception. Some of the blame has to be on Yves Lavigne, however. He just let that rope-a-dope-clinch crap go on far too long. Big John wouldn't have tolerated so much of that, I'm sure. And I just don't think he has the skill set to compete in the UFC. He won last night, but not convincingly, by a long shot. He's asked for Cheick Kongo for his next fight, and he might have a legitimate chance against him. But the next time he faces a fighter like Randy Coture, or even Gabriel Gonzaga, he's going to have his ass handed to him again. Not impressed.

At the total opposite end of the spectrum, there's Anderson Silva. To echo the sentiments of Joe Rogan, this is one scary dude! Is there even anyone in the middleweight division that can give this guy a decent challenge? I know it'll never happen, but I'd love to see him move up a weight class and take on some of the big guns in the light heavyweight division. As I've quickly learned, though, no one in the UFC is unbeatable. That was made clear to me with the two recent losses of Chuck Lidell. I used to think he too was unstoppable. Now that he's lost a couple, the holes in his game are apparent to me.

All of this is just my opinion. of course. Glad I didn't pay $40 to watch last night's event.

Neil

Ive watched every UFC there has been since UFC 1, Saturday night was a very disappointing night, IMO it was the worst UFC there has been with exeption to the beating that the Spider put on Franklin again.....called that one a month ago, the Spider is an animal in there tons of skill(luv watching him fight pure skill). BBB Im a little disappointed to read you coming in here calling Chuck a chump, come on man chuck is not a chump and anyone who watches as a true fan knows it. Fedor could be portrayed as abit of a chump himself not signing with the UFC because thats were all the best fighters are and if he wants to be the best he must beat the best, which makes me wonder why he would not sign............scared of Randy maybe?????? that being said Ive seen Fedor fight and he is a god'am animal, personally I think he is toughest fighter ive ever seen but a bit of a pussy not signing with the UFC were the best fighters are. His manager just wants him to win all of his fights to make him money were in the UFC he could easily lose to a # of guys.

PS. Tim Silvia should go away, could there be a less liked person anywere?

Guest Rocknbugs

i was stunned by Cro Cop the last couple times, he was a wrecking machine in Pride, and hasn't done much.

Are you an MMA fan or are you just a Pride fan, big differance? IMO the UFC and Pride were = in terms of skill level and am glad they were united, now there is truely one great organization with all of the best guys with the erxeption of Fedor who obvioulsly doesnt think he can compete at the same level as all the greats or he would have signed.

Guest Rocknbugs

Fedor has lost one fight in his carreer incase you did not know that.