Fly Fusion Forums

Help By Volunteering For Flood Victims Of Bragg Creek

Hey guys, so i spent my day in bragg creek helping the victims of the flood. it was so sad, and opens new perspectives in my life. I will post videos and pictures later

My auntie in law lives right on the river and i offered to help in anyway i could.

I witness first hand the devastation it caused, the houses that weren't swept away right along the river were in 3 feet of water. I helped shovel about 2.5 ft deep of heavy mud out of garages, and helped rip out soaked and molding carpet from living rooms and bedrooms.

It seemed like everyone in the community was cleaning up in one way or another. I was so blessed that my house was not affected that i feel i need to do everyhting i can for the less fortunate

So i thought that i would organize a group of FFC members or friends who would be interested in helping.

Going there and lending a helping hand with shovels, trucks, bobcats and so forth.

if you are interested please PM me your email/ phone number with number of people and equipment and also days that you would be available and hopefully we can all help in one way or anther.

I was planning to take off a day or two during this week to go help out again. also i will be most likely heading out next weekend.

look forward to hearing from you