Fly Fusion Forums

Salmon Fly Group?

graphicguy

Just throwing this out there to gauge if there would be an interest or not. I am thinking of starting a group/club for those that tie salmon flies. It could possibly expand to include steelhead flies at some point in time depending on interest. I know there are a fair number of people here there are from the Atlantic provinces and this may be something for them.

If you are interested let me know and we'll go from there.

Guest Grinr

Sounds interesting?Are you thinking more of an online group or a get together/tying night sort of thing?

I don't have the skill or patience for tying the classics,I tie more like go-to workhorse flies,bucbugs,bombers,haiwings etc.,but I wouldn't mind expanding my horizons into speys,Dees,and proven steelhead favorites?

Sounds interesting?Are you thinking more of an online group or a get together/tying night sort of thing?

I don't have the skill or patience for tying the classics,I tie more like go-to workhorse flies,bucbugs,bombers,haiwings etc.,but I wouldn't mind expanding my horizons into speys,Dees,and proven steelhead favorites?

All depends on how many where they all are, get together would be nice but may not be all that practical. There are details that cannot be address to there is an idea of how many are in and so forth, just measuring interest at the moment.

• 1 month later...

The group and it's platform have been setup but unfortunately due to lack of interest from the English speaking community it has been set as a French language group. Thanks to those that showed interest and perhaps in future it could be expanded to include English if enough interest is shown.