Fly Fusion Forums

Bow River; Friday Nov.23/12

SteveM

Since I'm in the middle of 12 days of work in a row, my boss took pity on me & let me sneak out at noon on Friday.

I had planned ahead & had my gear in the car; headed straight to the river.

Glad I got out...

pb232083.jpg

pb232080.jpg

pb232074.jpg

pb232038.jpg

pb232043.jpg

pb232044.jpg

pb232047.jpg

pb232051.jpg

pb232055.jpg

pb232064.jpg

Awesome pictures and some very nice fish! Thanks for posting. I was out a few times when I was home from work and got into lots of fish but nothing with much size to it. My wife was out with me the one day and pulled a really nice 20' Rainbow out like it was no big deal which was awesome. The biggest fish I managed was a 23' whitefish. I never really think about measuring whitefish but 23' seems like it must be up there as far as whitefish go? Has anyone else ever measured big whitefish they have caught?

Nice fish Steve! I made out pretty well there after you left, but nothing like that brown. No pike either:)

Thanks, Mike. Nice to run into you again.

I was really happy to see a big, healthy brown; was starting to think they had all succumbed to that effin' sapro virus!

Awesome pictures and some very nice fish! Thanks for posting. I was out a few times when I was home from work and got into lots of fish but nothing with much size to it. My wife was out with me the one day and pulled a really nice 20' Rainbow out like it was no big deal which was awesome. The biggest fish I managed was a 23' whitefish. I never really think about measuring whitefish but 23' seems like it must be up there as far as whitefish go? Has anyone else ever measured big whitefish they have caught?

23" whitefish??? Holy crap, dude!!!

Biggest I've seen was a tank 20"er on the Oldman River a couple years ago.

A 23"er is gigantic!

20"er...

p8190441.jpg

p8190440.jpg

p8190445.jpg

do you have camera mounted on the butt of your fly rod ;) haha sweet picture of the rod bending man

Thanks, Nathaniel...

Just holding the camera in my other hand; pretty brave/stupid considering I had that big brown on the end of my line at the time.

For the first minute or so, he just stayed deep & swam circles, slowly, like he didn't know he was hooked; that's when I got that pic.

Luckily, I had put the camera away when he decided to run & jump; had to chase him downriver a ways to land him...

• Like 1