Fly Fusion Forums

Wtf - Win Card

She bought a WIN card and a license 4 years ago when we first came to AB. Win card never showed up and she never thought of following up about it. She needed a license for a company sponsered event this past spring and they didnt even have a record of the WIN card we had purchased a few years earlier. So of course we bought another one in May, and it is still a no show. Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure WIN cards stay valid for 5 years even if you dont buy a license every year.

WIN cards are good for 5 years. Obviously you should receive the card in the mail if everything goes as it should, but even if it doesn't show up, it is just the actual WIN number that you need when purchasing a fishing or hunting license, whether done online or at a fly shop. The WIN number is shown on your fishing license and on the receipt you would have received when buying or renewing your WIN card. If you didn't retain either, you can still go to a fly shop and have them do a WIN search. If the system finds a match between your birth date and either your telephone number or driver's license number (or whatever ID you used, i.e. passport or health care card), your WIN number will come up. There is no charge for this service.