Fly Fusion Forums

Phoning In River Incidences

So today I was having an awesome time fishing just down from Policeman's Flats when a jet boat came on the water and started ripping U-Turns right in front of me, did about 4 laps.

Right after one of the local guides (didn't catch a name on the boat) said I should have phoned it in.

While we know jet boats are a contentious issue here my question is who do I call in this situation and what exactly constitutes a "phone-able offence" (for jet boats or drift boats)?

A super good time otherwise though!

Thanks

Guest Wrecker

definitely a dick move, but not sure why it would be illegal?

Fish the RDR when 3 jets rip past, one of which has a big block motor and blower sticking off the top. Even more of a jack hole move.\

Casting a 2/0 streamer into his boat and rip setting is also not illegal, just saying.

Well, it's illegal to rip donuts in your vehicle, no matter what kind it is...it's called Stunting...would there not be a similar law for boats? I think that cops can be pretty creative if someone is endangering other people...

The cops can be creative but is seems they don't . Last week I was on sylvan lake the was the usual fishing group on the north side of the lake. Because of the wind that same area was the calm spot so the water skiers were there too. Regularly wake board boats would pass by pulling there skier. They would pass by at 15-20 meters time and time again. Because of the crowd of boats the RCMP were there too. It wasn't until a canoe can out to join the fun did the cops ask the skiers to move out a bit further. They did say something to the canoer's , I don't know what. But the canoer's did leave. It seems only when something happens is there a reaction.