Fly Fusion Forums

Trying To I Start A Petition ...

Hey all , Can someone please tell me how to do a petition on here... I would like to start one to see if I may get some extra support to approach the MLA of the county which Policemans Flats resides in ( is it MD of Foothills No. 31?).

My Late Grandfather was the MLA of the county we lived in (Kings County) as I was growing up back home in New Brunswick. So I haven't any problem communicating nor approaching them. I merely feel I should arm myself with as much support as we may have before doing so..

Topic at hand is getting some help cleaning up our boat launches.. i.e.: the high flows have put allot of debris and extra sediment within the launch at Policemans, rendering it rather ineffective to launch or load boats.. meaning it is rather tough to find a deep enough spot to do either without being so far back that it may cause more damage to the launch via vehicle going too deep and possibly stuck in the clay to, having the boat so far out near the mainstream that is terribly difficult. Merely an excavator in my opinion spend a couple of hours, with a truck, and Im sure only one load would do the trick to be hauled and spread out on the parking lot even.

Only to make the launch a little deeper, that is all... clean it up a bit.

Possibly even widen it ..

Any ideas or thoughts..would be definitely appreciated thanks.

I do realize that there are many other issues that may be realized and or dealt with, yet I am only trying one thing at a time, myself.. Baby steps.

Oh yes, even if all that may be done here is for anyone interested in supporting this, just to acknowledge by posting here or signing. I will print this up to use for approaching the County.. Thank You.

Jonny

I'm not sure what your getting at?police with the water up is much easier to load unload.now when the water drops in late October it will be a little shallow.Maybe then it would be a good idea to get something to dig it out a bit.

in years past i've seen a hiho at mac digging it out, would you believe it was in mid may and a month latter it was full again.

Actually the water has dropped substantially in the last few days... the launch is quite full now, especially on the downstream side. And thats as of yesterday the 4th of August. Even on the "lee" side is fairly shallow, the boat is nearly within the main current coming off of the trailer and going on. Being perpendicular to the current of this " not so brilliant" in planning of a launch ... creates the problem... In the least , kind of hoping to get them to dig it out.. now would be the time...

instead of a repeat of the failure you mention lol, just another example of our "brilliant scholars in control" at work... :rolleyes: