Fly Fusion Forums

Insane Hail Storm In Cardston Yesterday!

Have you guys seen this yet?! A colleague from Lethbridge was telling me about it today.. the whole town is basically destroyed like the houses and vehicles in this video!

Even sadder.. apparently a number of livestock were killed because they were out in the fields and had no protection... literally "beat to death" by hail.

Hawgstoppah - you live in Cardston don't you? Hope you guys are okay!!

i was down in that area yesterday and it was the worst hail i ever seen , we got pounded and it hurt , made the dash to the truck to get out of it , inside it was so loud from the hail , hurt the ears , i could see it doing lots of damage for sure

I just saw this, we've been too busy cleaning up. I was 20 minutes from the house fishing and did NOT get hammered in my smaller car, but did not fish either due to the lightning overhead.

Got holes right through our roof and about 75k in total damages to vehicles, and property. On the bright side, I get a new roof and siding and can pick some more modern colors as the ones we had were not to the best of my liking anyways.

Video the kids shot of the start of the storm. The biggest hail starting coming near the end of this video and my wife told the kids to get away from the windows. We did lose a bedroom window shortly after.

It was pretty wild. The fun has begun, the cleanup and the insurance claims, and the insurance people trying to tell me that stuff wasn't damaged from the storm that clearly was. Had to rip a section of wall out to prove to them yesterday that water came down the inside of the wall and soaked everywhere and that section of roof was compromised, they were trying to tell me it was not going to be covered until I ripped down the drywall and revealed soaked insulation, etc. They are really starting to annoy me.