Fly Fusion Forums

Places To Fish Within Or Close To Calgary

cohoconnie

Hello,

I am not new to fishing but I am brand new to fly fishing. I have lived in Calgary my entire life but have never taken advantage of the fishing around here until now. I am just getting started and I have a lot to learn but I am eager. I tried fishing by the bridge down from Burnco off of Glenmore on the weekend but I had no luck. I did see a few fish rise but did not catch anything. I tried nymphing and a dry fly. What I am wondering is if anyone could let me know about any nice fishing spots within the city or close to Calgary that I could get to after work or for a few hrs on the weekend. Also I would be more than happy to fish with someone in order to learn a thing or two.

Thanks for reading and please let me know if you have any suggestions :)

Connie

Hi Connie,

I don't consider myself an expert by any means but have been fly fishing for a number of years now and have successfully taugh my girlfriend how to use a fly rod last summer and since we just moved to a house right beside the river near one of my favorite spots I'll be introducing her to fishing other than stillwater. You are more than welcome to come along anytime.