Fly Fusion Forums

Pike On The Fly

Got out to clear lake yesterday and it was my first time fishing pike on a fly rod and it was absolutley incredible. Couldn't believe how much fun

that was and can't wait to go again.

It was nice to because I was the only one out there. No one around.

A very cool experience indeed.

pike on the fly is one of my favourite fishes to catch. They bite hard and fight hard! i haven't caught a decent 30inch plus fish yet..but i'm hoping this summer i can find water where they exist!

glad you had a good time!

if you didn't already.. try some balsa wood bass poppers for pike! awesome show!

pike on the fly is one of my favourite fishes to catch. They bite hard and fight hard! i haven't caught a decent 30inch plus fish yet..but i'm hoping this summer i can find water where they exist!

glad you had a good time!

if you didn't already.. try some balsa wood bass poppers for pike! awesome show!

I was going to try top water but never got around to it. Wish I would have. Next time I go out I'm going to do that forsure. And yeah all the fish were under the 30inch but man I have a 9 weight and they still made it work.

Nice to know we have that close to us because it's a riot.