Fly Fusion Forums

Anyone Familier With Orvis Wader Sizing?

I would try to fit you in either a Large short first of all then a large. According to there fit chart, size medium should fit me in the Pro guides, but when I tried them on, they really pulled in the crotch. The medium long size was better but still pulled a bit. Waders that dont fit right arent much good as it creates premature wear on the seams. I ended up having to get them warrantied just before a year was up because the seems were wearing right through on the inside of my legs down by the calves. But I dont think that was a fit issue. If your planning on maknig a purchase from the internet, I would say to go try a pair on first to get the right sizing down, and if the size that should fit you doesnt feel right, dont get them. I am now using Cloudeveils and they fit me like they were custom made for me.

Looking at the bootfoots and trying to figure out if I could squeeze into the Medium versus the Large:

http://www.orvis.com/intro.asp?dir_id=758&...38#mensbootfoot

I'm about 5'9 and hover in around 195-200 pounds. Size 10 feet..

Mike is about the same height (maybe an inch taller) and same foot size. He's in a Large. I wouldn't go medium...I think they'd be too restrictive.

After about 5 trips with my Orvis same thing happened to them as Wes pointed out. I am on my fifth tube of aquaseal and i finally have the leaks stopped. Warranty meant sending them to USA to see if they could be fixed(75.00), and if they could not be fixed they would replace them for the cost of shipping. Would not buy Orvis again.

Just did a search on Orvis' website and found out that Monod Sports in Banff carries Orvis stuff. Called them up and they have the exact ones i'm looking at in stock.

Guess I'll have to take a drive out there and get fitted! ;)

Guest JayVee
Any shops in Calgary that carry Orvis waders other than Country Pleasures?? They don't have any bootfoots..

Birchy, CP uses the Tailwater bootfoot waders for their rentals. The guy let me try on a pair and I like them a lot. I'm a little heavier than you, same height, same foot size. An L10 (Large, size 10 boot) was comfortable. I think you'd need a size smaller. They're way more expensive than Orvis' website, though, even with the dollar on an even keel these days ($515 vs $379). Oh and shipping from Orvis on these waders is $95!!!

JV

The Calgary Wholesale is not allowed to carry Orvis at all as there is a full line dealer in Calgary already, becasue of this they cant put Orvis product into the catalogue either. This is a big reason as to why Wholesale has dropepd the Orvis line... although there are many other reasons as well.