Fly Fusion Forums

Go Pro Sport Camera

Has anyone got any experience with one of these?

I am considering in getting one for my pontoon, the idea of recording the days event would be good.

Then again, maybe it would be anouther one of those great ideas that ends up on the garage shelf or spotted on KIJIJI.

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

i like the idea of them but i think its gone a bit overboard with the filming of every second of our time. Not to mention that every fish looks HUGE with that fish eye lens lol

I just got one for my 52 bday! One thing you need to know before using it, is that it does not come with an SD card. Do NOT try to use one from your camera or your pictures will be lost! Make sure to read the destructions first as it gives you lot of guidance on what type of card to purchase,etc. It does make fish loook big underwater but it is really an awesome addition for your recording pleasures! Enjoy! ;mornCoffee:

I just got one for my 52 bday! One thing you need to know before using it, is that it does not come with an SD card. Do NOT try to use one from your camera or your pictures will be lost! Make sure to read the destructions first as it gives you lot of guidance on what type of card to purchase,etc. It does make fish loook big underwater but it is really an awesome addition for your recording pleasures! Enjoy! ;mornCoffee:

They are small and compact, and waterproof....well suited for fly fishing. As for making your fish look big.....turn widescreen mode OFF if you don't want everything to look distorted. Out of the box the underwater picture is a bit blurry, I would recommend looking into purchasing the BlurFix adapter for it if you plan on doing a lot of underwater stuff with it.

With a decent sized memory card (16gb...17 dollars), you don't have to constantly be worrying about managing your card space as it would hold atleast 2hours+ of footage. If you have the space, why not use it.....

I ended up buying one when they HD model first came out and have used it for Skiing, DH Mountian Biking, Snorkleing in Hawaii and lately fishing. Really it's great little camera and you get alot of bang for your buck out of it.

As suggested above definitely purchase a higher quality SD Card for it. It'll make the difference forsure and make sure it has alot of room on it. Also I found buying a couple of extra batteries came in handy as they will drain pretty quick and it's nice to have back ups on you.

Cheers.

I went with the Contour HD, it is more compact and from reviews I've read/youtube videos, it's pretty comparable to the GoPro. I actually got mine in Whitefish at a Black Friday sale for $100 because they came out with three new models. Personally, I like the look better than the big GoPro camera sticking out of the top of my head or having to strap it to my chest. The model I have is similar to the "Roam", I don't need GPS and all that stuff...the HD is pretty cool.

http://contour.com/products