Fly Fusion Forums

Trout Unlimited Canada Agm

Comes in the mail a letter from TUC CEO Jeff Surtees informing me of our annual general meeting on June 18.

Not a lot of fireworks. Just audited statements and re-appointment of the external bean counters.

Clearly no rousing discussion about expansion and more effective government lobbying appears to be scheduled for the invited general membership to join in on.

Plus a "slate" of directors put forward from an unspecified "Nominating Committee" to be voted on.

These include:

David Byler - Calgary

Fred Calverley- Calgary

Glen Rumpel - Calgary

Rafi Tahmazian - Calgary

Brian Pyra - Calgary

The only other nominee for this "national" board for the two year stint is Dave Williamson of Toronto. I'm sure these are all fine, dedicated fellows who will do an incredible job managing the money I help raise and promote cold water conservation. This is not in anyway meant to question anyone's skills, ability and commitment to the cause.

But surely there's a perception problem of balance here.

Especially if you are presenting yourself as a national conservation organization, which, sad to say beyond it's Alberta and southern Ontario power bases, is not exactly expanding and flourishing.

Couldn't this committee have found one qualified person with a 780 area code?

Guest Wrecker
Couldn't this committee have found one qualified person with a 780 area code?

Looking at the list with only 403 area codes I'd say "no"