Fly Fusion Forums

Info. On Police Lake

Guest tallieho

Guest tallieho

I recieved this info from Terry Clayton .He says that the fall provincial roundtable will be held oct.20th.It has to be discussed there,if there is support,it will then be put on the table to be at the fish & wildlife managers committee.If it still has support,it has to be reviewed & approved by the minister.The provincial package of the proposed regulation changes will likely go to the ministers office in late oct. or early nov. A little bit of red tape ,but there is still a very good chance that these changes will be in place for 2008 season tight lines

No sense in writing at this time. The proposal is "in the system." Letters are likely to piss people off. It will be considered with the minister on Oct. 20.

adc and I plan to attend the RT meeting in Edmonton on Oct 20. adc is the "chairman" of the effort and has a recent letter from the minister who says he will give the Police proposal utmost consideration.

If the proposal gets short changed on Oct 20 ... THEN let's get active.

K?

Guest tallieho
No sense in writing at this time. The proposal is "in the system." Letters are likely to piss people off. It will be considered with the minister on Oct. 20.

adc and I plan to attend the RT meeting in Edmonton on Oct 20. adc is the "chairman" of the effort and has a recent letter from the minister who says he will give the Police proposal utmost consideration.

If the proposal gets short changed on Oct 20 ... THEN let's get active.

K?

i agree with dry fly let's see what transpires .thanks for the update & say hello to adc tight lines great job thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest tallieho
I recieved this info from Terry Clayton .He says that the fall provincial roundtable will be held oct.20th.It has to be discussed there,if there is support,it will then be put on the table to be at the fish & wildlife managers committee.If it still has support,it has to be reviewed & approved by the minister.The provincial package of the proposed regulation changes will likely go to the ministers office in late oct. or early nov. A little bit of red tape ,but there is still a very good chance that these changes will be in place for 2008 season tight lines

I recieved this from a good friend of ours.He attended the Fisheris Round Table fall meeting in Edmonton yesterday & am pleased to report that the discussion on changing the reg's on Police Lake went very well....from this meeting, the fisheries management group will get one more kick at it [ & they are all onside ] & then it will go to the minister for sign off....That should occur prior to Christmas...... While it's too early to shout it from the mountain tops,I am 98.7 % confident that the new reg'sfor Police will be in place by April 2008.... Cheers Al

If this proposal does pass I think that any reg changes will need everyones help to be enforced. Judging from last weekend out there I dont see the bait crowd just giving up on this lake. I think the RAP line will be getting lots of calls coming frome there.