Fly Fusion Forums

Fly Vests

Haha, nicely done. Weird to wear it around the house? Maybe.... I've never had a vest to call my own. I have made do with a backpack and the shore. I think my first vest I will wear to bed a few times just to get comfy in it. :P Let us know how you like it.

I have two vests currently....one is a Patagonia mesh shorty ( http://www.patagonia.com/ca/product/patago...g?p=81955-0-176 ), which I like for its lightweight coolness as I tend to get over-warm easily on hot days, but I am not thrilled with the pocket-closure style. The other is a more vintage cotton vest with a ton of pockets, which I wish were cooler, because I love the amount of storage and style of pockets. My quest for my perfect vest continues until I have a perfect combination of just the right number and style of pockets combined with fit and lightweight coolness.

That being said, my fiance has a Redington fly vest ( http://www.redington.com/Clark-Fork-Mesh-Vest.html ), and she really loves it, and we both have Redington jackets that we like very much.

Haha, nicely done. Weird to wear it around the house? Maybe.... I've never had a vest to call my own. I have made do with a backpack and the shore. I think my first vest I will wear to bed a few times just to get comfy in it. :P Let us know how you like it.

Im the same way,backpack and no vest.I just step off the river and sit down to retie or change flies.

Im the same way,backpack and no vest.I just step off the river and sit down to retie or change flies.

I like the ideas everyone has!

One of the things I am digging about vests is that I don't have to move to do anything. I like the backpack idea for ease and cost, will suggest for wife I think until we can get her something.

Guest NamasteMushroom

I have used a Columbia, Orvis, Springbrook, and Filson vest. I still have the Filson Vest ($40 bucks??? anyone??).

I use a Mec sling pack now, and I have for the last 5 years; best vest I've ever owned.