Fly Fusion Forums

Easter Weekend Fishing

Hey all. Well I am planning on heading down to Calgary on easter weekend to visit familly as well as wet a line in hopes of aleviating the SEVERE withdrawl I am suffering. I expect to be primarily spending time on the Bow, but any other ideas would be welcome. Gonna be limited for gear as I will only have a 10' 5wt rod that I picked up at the wcffe. Gonna be hitting fishtales for the remaining necesity gear. Questions are, any recomendations on some must have flies for this time of year? Also where can I get my fishing license?

Looking for any help and recomendations. Will be posting more details as things get closer and I know more what I will be doing. Perhaps be able to meet some people on the river for a little fun.

Thanks all

Mike

Thanks for the reply! I was doing some looking up regarding the licenses and realised I could get it at FishTales so that is great. Will certainly be getng some flies for whats hot at the time when I'm there. But also lookig to just tie some general nymphs mostly. I guess the real question is what kind of sizes for the basics like hares ears, san juans, pheasant tails, caddis larva etc?

Thanks

Mike