Fly Fusion Forums

Best Hike-in Fishing

If it's under 10 kms there is no need to overnight it. Walking that far both ways in a day with a light daypack is way easier than one way carrying all the crap needed to overnight it, especially for those people not used to hiking. There's no shortage of daylight in summer, you just go a slow steady pace and you can walk further than you'd think and with less likelihood of blisters too.

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

yep, you can keep a few from both lakes. Its a nice hike/walk into Elbow and make camp there so you can spend the day walking to tombstone and enjoy the views. A bit of a slog up to Tomb but there is a big rock on the shore that you can sit and cast from.

yep, you can keep a few from both lakes. Its a nice hike/walk into Elbow and make camp there so you can spend the day walking to tombstone and enjoy the views. A bit of a slog up to Tomb but there is a big rock on the shore that you can sit and cast from.

Sounds tight when could a dude go out and fish er? like i mean whens the ice out dude

thanks dude ill half to use big spoons if i want to get a 15incher out of elbow. Is it cool to take fish from there or what dawg?

I've never heard of a fish that big coming out of Elbow Lake. However it's a great lake to go to if you want to get a bunch of little trout in a day, and even the biologists recommend keeping your limit as the fish are overpopulated in there.