Fly Fusion Forums

**nfr** Automotive Appraisals?

Taco

Anyone know of a reputable auto and equipment appraisal company? I need an independent auto accident appraisal for a dispute with my insurance company. Their adjusters claim there's no way a mule deer hit and rolled under a 5 tonne dodge diesel @ 110 kph can crack and break a standard transmission... an assessment I kinda disagree with.

Anyone???

Thanks

Occaisonally contract a company called Crawford Adjusters - located in Calgary and in the book

pm ladystrange - she is in the industry and may have a suggestion.

Just curious - aluminum or steel casting ?, not that it really matters, I've seen animals that size cause more severe force damages than just a fractured case, especially when they go under.

NV4500 cast steel.. cracked the tranny from top down and the transfer case adaptor from the bottom up.. it took a hell of a hit. Interesting few moments a day and a half later... the tranny seized up solid when I was loaded up and traveling @ highway speeds. The adjuster was pissed off because I made him come to were I was working instead of the other way around...

Thanks for the info... looks like my insurance agent is going to bat for me, he pulled an end run and went straight to the distict manager. We'll see what happens.

I hear you Taco, I've been royally screwed in the past, not by just by my insurance company but by the industry in whole. But I won't go there cause I would probably have to seek heart medication first.

Frickin insurance company intercompany agreements, insurance bureau lawyers, bad cops, F350's, car jockeys that can't drive, lying Ford dealers.....