Fly Fusion Forums

Simms Blackfoot Or Freestone Boots?

npauls

I am just wondering which boots I should order. I have some gift cards for bass pro that I was told had to be used to buy new wading boots for my birthday. The only 2 pairs that I really have my eye on are the 2 mentioned in title.

I am wondering what people have to say about either pair and what size I should order. I am a size 10-11 shoe size depending on the brand and want to use these boots year round so I will need to be able to wear some woolies in my waders.

The problem is that I live in Lethbridge and won't have a chance to try any on before ordering them so I am trying to gather as much information from people that have used either of the boots.

I am kind of leaning the way of the freestones because of the higher ankle and the vibram soles. But I still have to figure out if I should order an 11 or 12 boot size.

Thanks,

Nate

Best thing to do if you possibly can is to try the boots on in a shop with the socks and waders you'll be using. Otherwise going one size larger than the larger fit you mention should be OK allowing you the extra room for woolies. I'm a solid size 11 and use Simms G3's and Guide boots in a 12. tho I do not have extra room for thick socks or woolies and use instead a thinner synthetic thermal sock in cold water.