Fly Fusion Forums

Hell's Gate Pontoon Boat?

npauls

Does anyone know who the maker of the hell's gate pontoon is?

My wife picked one up for me tonight but it is missing the middle part of the frame and the removable gear bags. I am wondering what it will cost to replace them.

I can't find to much information on the net so far about this toon but it looks heavy duty and seems to be really good.

If it is going to cost too much to buy a new piece for the frame then I might just get my buddy to weld me up a new piece for the middle and call it good.

Just found out that the hell's gate thing is a brewing company in BC and they gave these pontoons out as prizes. I have emailed them to find out who made the pontoons so I can try to track down some of the parts that are missing and find out what it will cost me.

If anyone knows what the manufacturing company may be I would love to know.

I have found some pictures of the boat from people selling them and I am missing the middle part of the frame which the seat mounts to, the wire basket that sits behind the seat, the removable gear bags, the oars, and the pump,

The good thing is that I have a pump and oars and the wire basket isn't a big deal because I can probably make something to fit in its place. But I do need the middle frame piece and wouldn't mind the gear bags.

I don't have any pictures right now but here is a link to the same one that I have.

http://mcfarlandappliances.usedvictoria.co...N-BOAT_15646331

I have found some big differences in prices for this boat being sold privately. I have seen them for sale from $1000-$50 so I am not to sure what it is worth or anything. It looks and feels really heavy duty. The pvc pontoons are very thick and pretty heavy.

npauls this looks like one that is handled by Classic Accessories out of Seattle washington . I have a 10ft that has the same type of frame design. check out on the web Classic accessories .com and see if you can make a match with their product listof pontoons.

Ross M

I don't have any pictures right now but here is a link to the same one that I have.

http://mcfarlandappliances.usedvictoria.co...N-BOAT_15646331

I have found some big differences in prices for this boat being sold privately. I have seen them for sale from $1000-$50 so I am not to sure what it is worth or anything. It looks and feels really heavy duty. The pvc pontoons are very thick and pretty heavy.

npauls,

It looks a bit like a WaterSkeeter Back Cast on their website, the pontoons a a close match for sure. Just my guess though.

The frame does look similar to quite a few different boats but the pontoon pvc material is what is different to me. The back end of the frame is different then most also. From what I have seen on the pictures I have found of it the back of the frame has a small wire basket and the tubing is just open ended with no motor mount or anything.

I am hoping I can get some information from the place that handed them out as prizes so I know what kind of weight capacity it can carry and where I can replace some of the missing pieces.

I would also like to add a motor mount so I can cruise around on some lakes and ponds.

The frame does look similar to quite a few different boats but the pontoon pvc material is what is different to me. The back end of the frame is different then most also. From what I have seen on the pictures I have found of it the back of the frame has a small wire basket and the tubing is just open ended with no motor mount or anything.

I am hoping I can get some information from the place that handed them out as prizes so I know what kind of weight capacity it can carry and where I can replace some of the missing pieces.

I would also like to add a motor mount so I can cruise around on some lakes and ponds.

You got an inexpensive pontoon boat which was manufactured in China.

Do not waste any more time trying to get replacement parts make your own.

The capacity depend on the size of the pontoons, if your pontoons are 16 inches in height you should be good for 275 lbs.

As for adding a motor it depends on the capacity of the pontoons.

Electric motor- 40lbs

Battery- 50lbs

You- ? lbs

Frame, paddles, storage bags and the frame refab- ? lbs

Ya I have already mocked up some pipe to use for the middle frame parts. I am going to bolt them all together and look at making the motor mount and battery platform behind the seat.

I won't be using the toon to often so it should be fine. I am just hoping it all works out and I can float some flowing water with it next season.