Fly Fusion Forums

Work Boots

Any of you guys / gals work further up North ? Just kind of wondering what keeps your feet warm in the winter ? Favorite brands , style of work boots ? Chemical packs ? Time for a new pair and was kind of curious on everyone's fav's .

XJ

Ya man, first off welcome.

Get yourself some Dakota Leather Tmax with the Duratoe. I am always cold. but with those boots I've worked cold lake outside in Dec-Jan, and on Baffin Island outside in October-december. Just sport socks my feet were always warm.

Hi XJ

depends what you're doing up there. Are you:

1) outside all day working/walking? Go with Dunlop puroforts and Bama liners.

2) outside all day standing/sitting ? Good old Sorel pipeliners or military issue bunny boots.

3) in and out of the truck/shack all day? Good sorels with extra socks and liners.

4) sitting in the truck/shack all day like a white hat, band-aid or safety cop? Slippers.

No matter what you're doing never wear cotton socks. Heavy wool, merino wool or polypro socks, depending on temp, is what works for me.

Driving a nodwell on the Beaufort Sea, 100km north of Tuk.

tuk.jpg

cheers TP

TP has it all in his post!

Great Answer, and the picture reminds me of Prudoe Bay (and everywhere in that godforsaken (beloved) dark and white landscape!)

Too bad Columbia bought Baffin boots... they haven't had the same quality.