Fly Fusion Forums

My Time Off So Far....

Xplorer

Hey guys,

I have been driving around this wonderfull province of ours looking for places to fish. I didn't get very far from home these first few days. I fished mostly stillwaters with a few headwater streams, with the best action so far in the lakes/ponds.

I fished a few stocked lakes with decent results

013.jpg

011.jpg

009.jpg

I went to kananaskis lakes for a couple of days, with good results from both lakes.

006.jpg

004.jpg

001.jpg

I fished the lower lake today in the pouring rain. Once the rain started the action with the Cutts slowed right down, so I went and tossed streamers in the lower lake. I lost one bull on my second cast and then landed two more in the next hour. I had quite a few follows and some short strikes in between fish. The only decent photo is this one, the rest have rain on the lens and look like crap. This fish was missing part of its gill plate and the other one I landed was missing a frt fin and had line scars around its head,the line might even be still there(grown in?) This fish also had a tag, so I recorded the number and will report it to Fish and Wildlife.

016-1.jpg

I drove over alot of streams/rivers with many being too high and dirty still, looks like I will be heading north to check out some lakes up there next week. I hear the forestry trunk road is washed out around peppers lake, so that should make things interesting.

cya

Lance