Fly Fusion Forums

Stocked Ponds Around Calgary??

One of my coworkers is trying to get his young fellow into a trout or two, he's been trying the bow and that's tough for a kid at the best of times...

Any stockers around the city where he can go??

Thanks.

i'm going to go check out dewitt this week.. see how the fishing is. I'm sure that if it was stocked on the 24th. The harvesters would have been out in full force catching the limit...

lets hope there are a few fish left there that i can fool.

i'm going to go check out dewitt this week.. see how the fishing is. I'm sure that if it was stocked on the 24th. The harvesters would have been out in full force catching the limit...

lets hope there are a few fish left there that i can fool.

I just checked...the 20th, apparently, but with the weather the past week, it may be reasonably untouched....I will be stopping by there tomorrow.

Thanks for the info...

This is going to sound really bad but can you point these places out on a google map? They don't show.

go strait out bedington to the big hills spring road,its road 567.go right and drive down to range road 15 turn right and its about a mile down on the right.i was just out there but the range road has a different name on it but there is a sign for the pond.i was just there but i didnt take a rod but it looks good.there were about 10 people fishing but i saw no fish hooked.these were all bait fisherman.vis was good but no fish rising when i was there.

Thanks for the info...

I stand corrected, he's got 3 young fellers to take fishing. May be heading out with him this weekend to give him a hand corralling them all, see if we can get them into a fish or two.

• 2 weeks later...

I went out to Allen Bill and caught one and many were rising, McLean and saw only a few rise but caught none. Stopped in at Mitford Pond (size of a large gym) and there were literally hundreds jumping and my son and I caught about 50 (right before dark, 6 - 8 inches, lots of fun though). Tues went out to Anderson Dam (second left hand turn past Horseshoe Canyon on your way to Drumheller), and me and the three kids caught about 40 (up to 12 inches, lots of fun), and there were a lot jumping. I know Dewitts and Airdrie Pond are stocked but are very slow. Sibbald opens up next week and should be good as well.

i was at dewitts this afternoon for a couple hours.. There were sporadic risers and it was quite windy.. Had a hit stripping a leech pattern, but it was a short strike. Had one take on a dry just letting it roll over the ripples.. missed that one too..other then that i should have headed to Mclean like mhd.. i thought about it and decided it was to far for me to go for 2 hours of fishing...

last week i was at dewitts and caught 10.. probably 7 or so on the dry.... what a difference a week can make..