Fly Fusion Forums

Vise Repair Advice

GregoryV

Just wondering if anyone has had to return a Regal Vise back to Boston for repair? I have had the vise for 12 years and done a far bit of custom commercial tying with it and one of the jaws chipped recently. About 5 years ago, Regal retracted their lifetime warranty because people were chipping the jaws by placing the hook wrong (allegedly or maybe they were losing too much money on a default design). Now they are charging $50 to repair their product. Not impressed but don't want to drop $300-400 on a new rotary. Anyone have this problem with Regal?

Just wondering if anyone has had to return a Regal Vise back to Boston for repair? I have had the vise for 12 years and done a far bit of custom commercial tying with it and one of the jaws chipped recently. About 5 years ago, Regal retracted their lifetime warranty because people were chipping the jaws by placing the hook wrong (allegedly or maybe they were losing too much money on a default design). Now they are charging $50 to repair their product. Not impressed but don't want to drop $300-400 on a new rotary. Anyone have this problem with Regal?

Never thought about sending my 17 year old Regal in for warranty.... maybe I should, the jaws on mine started to get really lose regardless of hammering them back into the body. So I bought a Nor-vise and have never looked back.

Not to sound like a jerk, but $50 for repairs on something that has lasted for 12 years of commercial ting to me sounds pretty cheep.

It was once told to me that a life time warrenty is never for life for alot of reason.

I recently bought a used Dyna-King Trekker vise and am super impressed with them. I have heard from alot of people that their jaws are probably the best on the market.

I would buy a nora-vise but I need to keep on moving my vise as my tyingg bench is actually my computer desk also so the "TRAVEL" vises suits my needs the best.

Not to sound like a jerk, but $50 for repairs on something that has lasted for 12 years of commercial ting to me sounds pretty cheep.

It was once told to me that a life time warrenty is never for life for alot of reason.

I recently bought a used Dyna-King Trekker vise and am super impressed with them. I have heard from alot of people that their jaws are probably the best on the market.

I would buy a nora-vise but I need to keep on moving my vise as my tyingg bench is actually my computer desk also so the "TRAVEL" vises suits my needs the best.

You're probably right - not a lot of money. I guess I am grumpy as I have had companies honor lifetime warranties in the past without question. Had a 15 year reel completely replaced and a 12 year ski coat replaced with 250 USD.

I have been looking at the latest NorVise as I am cranking out a lot of tubes. Thanks