Fly Fusion Forums

Livingstone - September 9

mkm

Headed out with PaleMorningDunce to Livingstone on Sunday. When we arrived it was freakin cold and the trout must have been in shock because they refused to move. We came across a pool which was holding 30+ trout (lots of large white fish and the rest were big cutts). Once the sun came out we began catching however it wasn't until around 1:30pm when the fish hit the surface. Most fish were caught on the ant or beatle but a stomach pump sample showed they were feeding on tiny green nymphs. The day was okay but it seems like the cold nights are really starting to slow the fishing down. Even at 5pm I struggled to hold a fish in the water for 30 seconds. Highlight of the day was having a big bull chase any cutt we had on the line (no luck hooking the bull with a streamer set-up). Here's one decent cutt from the day.

post-165-1189480015.jpg

mkm

Nice fish, too bad the surfaceaction wasn't a little better. I guess the larger whitefish are probably congregating in the pools getting ready to spawn maybe? A stomach pump sample of myself would reveal that I have been feeding heavily on beer and rye for the past three days. :huh: