Fly Fusion Forums

Free To Borrow

flymart

Hi All,

Following discussions with various people, Club members and customers alike this seemed like a good idea.

We have put together 4 Fulling Mill Gold gx rods ( great rods IMO) set up with RIO Demo lines .Any Club, Association, School or even a group of individuals looking to hold some sort of open/ casting days with beginners young or old can borrow these.

We have a couple of 6 weights and a couple of 7 weights ready to go and available for anyone. We will cover shipping to and from our store. We hope by providing a service like this new folks will be encouraged into the sport and you dont have to lend them your gear in the process!

Absolutely no liability for the equipment comes with this .In the event of the rods breaking or whatever and is likely to happen i guess then so be it! We will just replace them.

Its a small start and if it proves to be popular we will put more rods together and may even look into doing the same with some spey rod set ups

If your an intrested party please conatct us at info@flymart.ca and tell us more about your event, perhaps we could make a package more tailor made.

Thanks

Scott

So far so good,

We have been overwhelmed by the response to this right across the country! definantly room to expand.The kits will offcourse be on a first come first served basis but We ask though that groups be 4 or more to help get the best out this.

We have added 2 Snowbee 7ft #5-6 Junior Classics .These were made for the youngs uns. Super light weight and easy to cast..

WOW! AWESOME!

I tried sending this pm, but it came back, saying "authorization" mismatch. DOn't know what that means.

Here is the pm:

My name is Mike Smith and I am a teacher with Edmonton Public Schools. As you can see in the following thread, I am always looking for equipment for kids ranging in age from 11 to 18.

http://flyfishcalgary.com/board/index.php?showtopic=15133

Especially this year, as I have a couple of girls in grade 6, and I am thinking that my 9', 6wt outfits will overwhelm them a bit.

Our club meets every Wednesdays at lunch, and I am trying to get several field trips approved to go out into the "field" and actually catch some fish. So while it may be highly impractical - and I don't want to monopolize Flymart's generosity- to have equipment for the Wednesday lunch meetings, I would be keenly interested in borrowing some equipment for the field trips, particularly the small stream fishing field trips. The dates I would need the equipment would be:

June 21, June 23, June 28, July 15,16, and 17.

So I'd be particularly interested in those lightweight junior outfits. Please let me know at your earliest convenience!

Mike Smith

Edmonton

• 2 months later...

The Kennebecasis Watershed Restoration Committee Fly Fishing Workshop in progress using our Kits 4 Casting(New Brunswick) . The 2 day event in July was a fatanstic success enjoyed by 20 participants whom are now newly introduced to the sport. Awesome work!

kw.jpg