Fly Fusion Forums

May 9th On The Bow

Flyfishen

May 9th 2011.

The day was almost gone before I finally made it out but the evening weather was spectacular, so I headed down to the Bow River try my luck in the almost Run-off dirty water.

5:15 PM I'm on the water, not many people on the water…Bonus!!! 5:53 PM after an exhausting battle with a large Brown Trout, a new friend - Aaron from down stream walks up and helps me land this fine Bow River Brown, and even takes a picture of me holding onto this fine trout. Thanks for the help Aaron and nice to meet you. ( FFC's posting policy is try not to show the spot).

May9th11nobackground.jpg

Afterwards I thought I'd see if I could follow up with another fish but then, after realizing that it was close to 7PM I realized that HOLLY CRAP!!! THE GAMES ON…so I head back home just in time for the third period and find that the Cunucklheads are actually winning.

It was a good day, in a couple of hours I landed a 22ish Brown, met a fellow FFC member and made a new friend, then watched the Vancouver Canucks win their game six and move onto the next round.

Good point, it took so long for them to eliminate Nashville that it felt like game seven. Real nail biting games. Thanks for the correction, its fixed.

Not a Canucks fan, but that was game six...Nice brown

I do too!!! It's really addictive though. I've still got to head out and fly fish for some of those big Pike, but the Brown cured the cabin fever for a bit.

Thanks.

Beauty fish John. Sounds like you had a great evening. I love fly fishing!

I noticed that when I downloaded the picture to my computer. It does look like its smiling doesn't it, LOL.

Thanks Bob

:clapping:

Nice!

That brown looks happy; I think he wanted to get caught!