Fly Fusion Forums

Prams/jons Etc...

Anybody here own a pram/jon or anything similar? Any thoughts? Recommendations? Would like to get something to go over the truck on a rack, for fishing smaller lakes and the like....

It really depends on what your comfort level is,are you OK with a boat thats a little tippy?You can get 10' boats with 32" wide floors that weigh around 70-80lb.If you want something a little more stable then it weighs more.I have been in a boat that had a 40" wide floor, that was about the limit for me.Any smaller and i didn't feel comfortable.

I have a 10.5' with a 45" wide bottom, it weighs in at 150lb i can load it on my roof rack by myself and my wife and i are comfortable.I have no problem standing in it and i weigh 240lbs.

Just got a 12' 36" floor and love it. Had it in the kootenays all last week fishing chronomids.

Plenty of room and very stable for one. Had a buddy join me for some casting in the evening to risers, again no issue with stability. I do think the 36" floor minimum is needed, I steered clear of the 32". If you go to 14' you should be able to find a 48"

awesome way to fish the lakes!

James