Fly Fusion Forums

Sheep Or Highwood?

Guest lookinforwalter

Guest lookinforwalter

i am a newbie and am wanting to go and check out the above two rivers. my plan was to go early sunday morning and go east of longview. am i on the right track?

Guest bigbadbrent

Depends what you're looking for. You will see both rivers, as you will drive over the sheep as you go toward longview (either at okotoks or black diamond, or whatever..you will cross it) and the highwood will be right after longview. If you were wanting to check both out at once, i'd recommend going to the highwood at longview first, so you dont leave yourself not enough time to check out the sheep. Then go to black diamond, and follow the road that takes you up into the mountains toward Sandy Mcnabb..i'd park there and explore upstream and downstream. You'll have lots to explore

-Brent

Guest lookinforwalter
i am a newbie and am wanting to go and check out the above two rivers. my plan was to go early sunday morning and go east of longview. am i on the right track?

thank you