Fly Fusion Forums

Weber Or Napoleon

I could use some help choosing a new BBQ.  I have narrowed it down to two models

1. Weber Genesis 330.  http://www.barbecuesgalore.ca/cooking.bpsx?CookingID=137

2 Napoleon p450rsib.  http://www.barbecuesgalore.ca/cooking.bpsx?CookingID=138

Any info on these two models would be great, I am interested in both pro's and con's 

Thanks Wayne

I could use some help choosing a new BBQ.  I have narrowed it down to two models

1. Weber Genesis 330.  http://www.barbecuesgalore.ca/cooking.bpsx?CookingID=137

2 Napoleon p450rsib.  http://www.barbecuesgalore.ca/cooking.bpsx?CookingID=138

Any info on these two models would be great, I am interested in both pro's and con's 

Thanks Wayne

I love my genesis. Weber makes some solid bbqs.

I have sold BBQ for quite a few years. The webber BBQ four or five years ago was a great BBQ but since they are now made in China the qulaity has really gone down hill.

What you are looking for is at least a 3600BTU BBQ this will allow you to cook at about minus 5 celcuis You want the fresh air intake at the back of the BBQ to be high rather than at mid level. The best grills are stainless steel they cook more even and easier to clean and they will not rust.

Dont by a BBQ that has a side burner becasue they will not work the air blows up under the burner and change the flame from blue to yellow, yellow flame ahs no heat or it will blow it out.

lastly you want a pipe burner BBQ each burner is around 12 to13K BTU's stay aay from a H burner style

anyway that my 2 cent's

bbq galore also sold me on the napoleon on the basis that it's made in canada and is designed to be better suited to our winters if you use it year round which i do....it has stainless steel grills and pipe burners....

We were at BBQ Galore last week and ended up choosing the Napoleon 450 with the infrared rotisserie burner. That model also comes with the rotisserie and a cover (covers alone are like $80). Also, I know the one guy said the side burners are kinda bunk, but you can add a sear burner to this one which burns pretty hot and the grill is very close to the burner. I went with cast iron grill, more maintenance, but they retain heat better and I believe having a seasoned cast iron grill adds flavor you can't get with stainless grills (ever had scrambled eggs made in a cast iron skillet versus a teflon-coated pan?). If you're going stainless grill, make sure they are at least 9mm thick. The sales dude said that if you polled the entire staff there, you'd get 50% Napoleon, 50% Weber....I don't think you can go wrong either way, but I did like the fact that the Naploeon is made in Canada!

Guest Sundancefisher
We were at BBQ Galore last week and ended up choosing the Napoleon 450 with the infrared rotisserie burner. That model also comes with the rotisserie and a cover (covers alone are like $80). Also, I know the one guy said the side burners are kinda bunk, but you can add a sear burner to this one which burns pretty hot and the grill is very close to the burner. I went with cast iron grill, more maintenance, but they retain heat better and I believe having a seasoned cast iron grill adds flavor you can't get with stainless grills (ever had scrambled eggs made in a cast iron skillet versus a teflon-coated pan?). If you're going stainless grill, make sure they are at least 9mm thick. The sales dude said that if you polled the entire staff there, you'd get 50% Napoleon, 50% Weber....I don't think you can go wrong either way, but I did like the fact that the Naploeon is made in Canada!

I have an older Webber. Probably 6 years old. Summit Platinum. Great barbeque. I can't complain.