Fly Fusion Forums

Dslr Camera Problem

Guest ArtVandelay

Guest JayVee

I'm new to the DSLR game and for the life of me I can't remove the polarizing filter from my lens. It's a screw-in type and the lens barrel just rotates as I'm trying to remove it. I've tried gripping the barrel just behind the filter, turning it in the opposite direction, all to no avail. Can someone help?

Yeah JV .. jksnijders is correct.

See here...shows two rings...the rotating top ring (with the filter) and the lower stationary ring that is threaded to the lens.

nikon_circular_polarizing_filter_ii_a.jpg

Holding the lens in one hand, grip ONLY the lower threaded ring with finger tips trying to avoid the top ring that rotates.

Happens to me frequently...worse with the expensive thin filters.

Good luck

Clive

Although it sounds like you solved the problem this can happen alot if your switching filters all the time - here's a tip for next time

We have a tool that is meant to help folks with arthritis undo jars - it has a band of rubber about 1/2 wide and a handle - one end of the strap is bound in the handle and the other just slips in at whatever size you need - the thing is brilliant and will keep you from scratching or damaging lenses or filter when taking them off. (or damaging delicate lense switches)

If you want me to take a pic and post let me know.