Fly Fusion Forums

South Of The Hat...

beedhead

Well I'm no environmentalist, but it dont look good south of town to me...A buddy and I cruised about 300 km of back roads yesterday, starting from The Cavan Res. area, then taking all kinds of back roads to Bullshead, then gettin turned around Southwest of Michelle Res. due to giant snow drifts blowing across the road....The Cavan and Bullshead areas were very nice weather wise, sun was shining, no wind at all and gophers runnin around every where, until we just passed Michelle Res. then the wind was blowin at Mach 5 along with some strange lookin clouds....Not sure Ive seen that much snow down there...Michelle res. looked like a giant snow bowl, you would not even know it was a Res. unless you all ready knew it was....At Bullshead, you could see that they have cleared the snow in the channel leading to the spillway, gettin ready for the big melt....We also checked out the Cofferdam that diverts water to Cavan or Irvine, they are still very busy working there to ensure thing will be ok with all the run off... I was told there will be no more water diverted to Cavan due it is at absolute max capacity right now, told to me by my buddy's wife, she calls her self the "Water Which" lol...She looks after all the water consumption/rights, diversions ect. and the reservoirs in the area....Stress-full job tryin to keep farmers, fisherman govt. happy, along with dealin with Mother nature her self!-Yikes...I forgot my camera yesterday, but took some pics with my Samsung Galaxy S. Turned out not to bad I guess...

SouthMarch2411030.jpg

These were just the beginning on the drifts, never took any pics of the 3 ft. drifts covering the road, was to busy turning around and to not get stuck, it was close at times!!

SouthMarch2411029.jpg

SouthMarch2411031.jpg

SouthMarch2411033.jpg

SouthMarch2411034.jpg

SouthMarch2411047.jpg

These 2 pics below were also taken with my phone, it was a little south of town last Fri.

SouthMarch2411005.jpg

SouthMarch2411010.jpg

those first few pics look like the planet hoth

Ya, it sure didn't look like the South I have ever seen, my buddy and I described that area as bein in The Arctic or something....It gave off a very Eerie feeling to say the least... :huh: