Fly Fusion Forums

Changing I Tunes To A Diff. Computer

Sadly, the music on your ipod/iphone only mimic what's on your computer. You can't pull music from the ipod/iphone and upload it to a new computer, you can only download. So, you need to take ALL the music from your old computer and upload it to your new one.

However, I am sure there are plenty of other computer geniuses out there that will have a program or an app that will allow you to do what you want to. I'm just not one.

Sadly, the music on your ipod/iphone only mimic what's on your computer. You can't pull music from the ipod/iphone and upload it to a new computer, you can only download. So, you need to take ALL the music from your old computer and upload it to your new one.

However, I am sure there are plenty of other computer geniuses out there that will have a program or an app that will allow you to do what you want to. I'm just not one.

You are correct. You pretty much have to take all your music transfer it to your new computer, plug in you ipod/iphone and begin from scratch with your device. For apps with iphone i think you have to authorized the the phone on the new comp, that you can right click on the phones name in Itunes and select to transfer your purchases to the new computer. but it will still take a long time to re install everything.

You are correct. You pretty much have to take all your music transfer it to your new computer, plug in you ipod/iphone and begin from scratch with your device. For apps with iphone i think you have to authorized the the phone on the new comp, that you can right click on the phones name in Itunes and select to transfer your purchases to the new computer. but it will still take a long time to re install everything.

O.K. I can deal with that, most of my music is on an external anyhow. What I'm really concerned about is my contacts and apps. I don't want to transfer my phone and it wipe out my numbers!

Thanks by the way!!

O.K. I can deal with that, most of my music is on an external anyhow. What I'm really concerned about is my contacts and apps. I don't want to transfer my phone and it wipe out my numbers!

Thanks by the way!!

if you still have your old computer make a backup of your phone on that one and then when you go to the new computer and sync your phone (don't quote me) but i believe that iphone should transfer all of your contacts to your outlook. I haven't experienced this myself but soemthing tells me that apple will do one thing right and allow the contacts to be transferred. As for your apps.. what sean said

Thanks by the way!!

Well apps will have to be done the way I previously said, contacts should stay with the phone, unless they are synced with a program on your previous computer. for example, ones you programed in to your phone should be fine, but ones synced with a computer based program might not. But gmail and the such contact should re sync.

Well apps will have to be done the way I previously said, contacts should stay with the phone, unless they are synced with a program on your previous computer. for example, ones you programed in to your phone should be fine, but ones synced with a computer based program might not. But gmail and the such contact should re sync.

I don't see a problem. You can share your itunes on 5 different computers.