Fly Fusion Forums

Mac Mail Issue

I am unable to send from apple mail 4.4 (1082)

The history:

I have been using mail successfully for a number of years.

I want to be able to access my emails from iMac, Macbook Pro, and iPhone4.

Today I had my email service provider (Telus) change me over to an IMAP account from a POP account. Which essentially has shut down one and set a new account as IMAP.

I have successfully set up the account with mail on the new macbook running 10.6.6 and iPhone4 for both sending and receiving.

However, I am unable to send from the older iMac also running 10.6.6 which worked perfectly when set as POP. Now I can receive but cannot send.

I talked to apple support to set up macbook and iPhone4. They were kind enough to also instruct me for iMac even though apple care expired a few days ago.

When I was unable to send I next contacted the phone company. They spent about ½ hour trying all kinds of stuff as I watched (remote log in). In the end I was told there is an issue with 10.6.6. I explained this appeared not to be the case as the macbook using 10.6.6 works but iMac with 10.6.6 and exactly the same setting doesn’t. Telus reiterated the troublw is with IOS 10.6.6

And the iMac is the most critical of the three.

So, now what can I try???? Any ideas???

What error message do you get when you try to send with the Imac?

I am unable to send from apple mail 4.4 (1082)

The history:

I have been using mail successfully for a number of years.

I want to be able to access my emails from iMac, Macbook Pro, and iPhone4.

Today I had my email service provider (Telus) change me over to an IMAP account from a POP account. Which essentially has shut down one and set a new account as IMAP.

I have successfully set up the account with mail on the new macbook running 10.6.6 and iPhone4 for both sending and receiving.

However, I am unable to send from the older iMac also running 10.6.6 which worked perfectly when set as POP. Now I can receive but cannot send.

I talked to apple support to set up macbook and iPhone4. They were kind enough to also instruct me for iMac even though apple care expired a few days ago.

When I was unable to send I next contacted the phone company. They spent about ½ hour trying all kinds of stuff as I watched (remote log in). In the end I was told there is an issue with 10.6.6. I explained this appeared not to be the case as the macbook using 10.6.6 works but iMac with 10.6.6 and exactly the same setting doesn’t. Telus reiterated the troublw is with IOS 10.6.6

And the iMac is the most critical of the three.

So, now what can I try???? Any ideas???