Fly Fusion Forums

Fly Tying Materials?

nathanieljohnson

Other then BassPro I cant see anywhere beeing cheeper other then buying online.

Personally I pick up 90% of my stuff from Fish Tales and find their prices about the same as any other place.

I do find that if I pick up someting from WSS or BPS I tend to get more damage feathers and what not. I do not think this is WSS or BPS fault but more to do with buying in bulk and shipping. When I first started buying material I didn't really look at what I was buying but instead just grabbed, this changed after getting a couple of crap packages of phesant tail, now I check everything, short of opening up the package, and usally do not get any bad material.

But if cheeper prices are what you are looking for then I would say go online, I hear you can find really good prices, me personally, my next door neibour hunts so there are some feathers I don't pay for anymore.

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

what!! FT charges SOOO much for somethings!!look at the price on their hooks mustads at WS are $2.90 (ish) but at FT or BTF they are 5-6. Yes i understand they they dont buy in as large a stock and you get to talk to some one about flies and lies lol but the prices at small shops are way higher.

I would compair this to going to Safeway and filling a hand cart full of groceries. You can pay $60-80 for what you grabbed or you can go to Stupid Store and get the same thing for 20-30% less.

At the end of they day its $$ the counts