Fly Fusion Forums

2011 Auction?

just curious as to the 2011 auction. I thought these auctions were sooner in the year but there has been no mention at all of one yet for this year. I'd like to donate a few guided trips as usual when it gets kicked off.

cheers.

brian

just curious as to the 2011 auction. I thought these auctions were sooner in the year but there has been no mention at all of one yet for this year. I'd like to donate a few guided trips as usual when it gets kicked off.

cheers.

brian

Thanks for the reminder Brian........There WILL be a Stream Watch Auction and RICKR has agreed to once again be the master auctioneer............

We already have a start to fundraising with the Stream Watch raffle thanks to the good work of H2O and thanks to our generous sponsors.........About $2500 was raised in that venture..........Support from our resource partners http://www.albertastreamwatch.com/ (the website is in the process of being updated) continues and our Oldman River Trout Unlimited Chapter will again be making a significant contribution.......

Cost for a Student Officer will again be in the $40-45K range and we are targetting a minimum of 2 Officers as we had last year..........If we can raise more funds we could hire more officers........One will be located in Central Alberta and one in Southern Alberta.......

Soooooooo.........The call is out for support----donations, buyers, and don't forget our request to have anglers support Stream Watch with a $100/year cash donation.............I'm sure RICKR will be posting soon the auction guidelines and in the meantime you can p.m. either RICKR or ME with your donations............

Thanks in advance and looking forward to another year of good fun in raising money for the resource we all love.......

Al.........

What kind of donations are you looking for?

Donations in past have run the full gamut.......Flies, fly fishin equipment, casting lessons, trips (and you needn't be a licenced guide to offer a trip), art, clothing, lodging, ski lessons/trips..........The list is endless and includes, in simplicity, ANYTHING THAT WILL SELL AT AUCTION!!.....You can have a look at last years auction thread under the pinned Stream Watch title for detailed information.........There are guidelines for tax receipts---I'm sure RICKR will post those in his rules and regulations---but all donors and buyers can take pride in the fact they are helping to fill the education and enforcement gap that exists on many of our trout waters.........