Fly Fusion Forums

Back Cast Fly Fishing Film Festival 2011

pepper

2uzqjoo.gif

4th ANNUAL

BACK CAST FLY FISHING FILM FESTIVAL

65swli.jpg

SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2011

There will be two screenings, one matinee and one evening.

Each show will have a different lineup of films.

1:00 p.m. & 6:30 p.m

For more details regarding show times, etc, please

scroll down to the very bottom of this newsletter

Cardel Theatre

Purchase tickets here...

BENEFITING PROJECT HEALING WATERS FLY FISHING CANADA

6ezzua.jpg

Project Healing Waters Fly Fishing Canada

What Film Producers are saying…

“I would be happy to give you permission to screen The Good Life at the Back Cast FFFF. I am a big fan of Project Healing Waters; in fact in our 2008 film "The One", I produced a segment on PHW. It is a great cause and I would be honored to be a part of the benefit.” - Carter Davidson, Gray Ghost Productions, The Good Life: Tale Tails from the East

“I would be more than happy for you to show my film whenever and wherever you want.

I have seen what Healing Waters does and am more than impressed.

My eldest sister and her husband are both career soldiers and have served for Australia (My sister 6 months in Rwanda for the U.N during their turmoil and her husband 6months in East Timor and a bit longer in Iraq, my uncle was also a captain in the Navy during the Vietnam War). Anyone who serves their country are true heroes and I am very, very passionate about our troops and what they do, and have done, for not only our country but other countries too. I get emotional just thinking about it.

So it is a HUGE yes...Let me know what format you would like the film in and it is yours.

Thank you so much for contacting me, this is definitely this film’s greatest moment.”

Regards,

Phil Jagger, Mad Phil Media, Heads or Tails

SEVERAL BLUE RIBBON FILMS

Matinee

“Memories of the Mirimachi”

An Atlantic Salmon Fishing Adventure

14ttwzd.jpg

The best of Atlantic Salmon angling – the river, the fish, the anglers

All proceeds from the sale of the DVD go to the Miramichi Salmon Association for their conservation work

Theodore Rogowski: Miramichi Salmon Association

"Slovinia on the Fly"

from Nervous Water

14ageih.jpg

Hunting Marble Trout and Hocho in Slovinia

“Beattie is indeed one of the best fly fishing video photographers out there, producing nicely varied scenes, which are beautifully built up giving the audience a perfect view of a scene.”

- Martin Joergensen, Global Fly Fisher

Beattie Outdoor Productions

"Heads or Tails"

16lmcuw.jpg

Permit obsessed fly fishers pursue their elusive quarry along the isolated beaches of Western Australia's Kimberley region.

2010 | Official Selection| Fly Fishing Film Tour

“Portrays all the thrill and frustration of fly fishing for one of Australia's most recently "discovered" prestigious sport fish. Entertaining and highly recommended.”

- Fishing World Mag

“Just when you think there is no undiscovered fly fishing left along comes a movie like this.”

- Mountain River Journal

“Finally, a kick-arse Australian saltwater fly fishing film!”

- Gin Clear Media

Mad Phil Media

"The Good Life”

Tall Tails from the East

33tm9ep.jpg

Chasing Eastern Brook Trout, Northerns, Stripers, Peacock Bass, Landlock Salmon & Shad along the Atlantic seaboard, from Labrador to the Florida Keys

“The Good Life examines the motives of a wide range of anglers who fish in areas ranging from urban to desolate, and seeks to explain the unknown element that drives the fly fisherman to distraction between outings”. – Black Bear Blog

“Carter [Davidson] has a gift for sharing the experience of fly fishing in a way that points straight to the heart of what viewers want to see in a film about fishing; beautiful fish, scenery, good music, some laughs and emotion.” - Jennifer Bowman-McKay, Maine Fly Fish

Gray Ghost Productions

Evening

“Q the X

oivgub.jpg

Sight fishing for resident trout on a favourite Alberta stream

“Beautiful cinematography and a thought provoking message” - Bow River Shuttles

Jensen Fly Fishing Productions

“The Best of Catch Magazine”

2mfi5ax.jpg

The best fly fishing adventures from around the world, including Alpine bass, Oregon Steelhead and The River of No Return

2009 | Best Cinematography, The Drake Magazine’s Fly Fishing Film Contest

“Todd Moen’s fly fishing videography is surpassed by few and admired by many.” - Montana Troutfitters

Catch Magazine

"Rivers of the Lost Coast"

2nste12.jpg

At the turn of the 20th Century, a handful of pioneers carried their fly rods into California's remote north coast and gave birth to a culture that would revolutionize their sport. For a select few, salmon & steelhead fly fishing became an obsessive pursuit without compromise. By the early 1980s the fisheries found themselves caught in a spiraling decline. Dams strangled the rivers and California searched for its disappearing salmon and steelhead. The anglers who remained foraged for their souls.

2009 | Sacramento International Film, Jury Award, Best Documentary

2009 | Wild Rivers 101 Film Festival, Gold Circle Screening

2009 | Butte Creek Wild & Scenic Film Festival, Gold Circle Screening

“Rivers of a Lost Coast is a must see”. – Seattle Times

“Profound and moving”. – Santa Cruz Sentinal

"... it's enough to make you cry." Napa County Register

"A film probably everyone should see." The San Francisco Chronicle

“‘Extreme’ characters like Bill Schaadt and Ted Lindner are normally the work of fiction writers, but they’re real – and they’re compelling enough to me that I watched the movie several times.” - Tom Chandler, Trout Underground

“Rivers of a Lost Coast has the captivating allure of a good fish tale.” - Film Bayala

“I highly recommend it to anyone, even none fly fisherman will enjoy this film.” - Fly Fishing Junkie

“Rivers of a Lost Coast is an elegiac tale of angling and anglers gone by. Lovingly crafted and filmed, it is both a fitting tribute and a clarion warning about what we all have to gain -- and lose -- when it comes to our fisheries.” - Fishing for History Blog

Skinny Fist Productions

"Why Fly Fishing"

4idlx0.jpg

Why Fly Fish celebrates angling in all of its dimensions—sport, history, ethics, philosophy, biology, art, craft and literature.

2009 | Columbus International Film & Video Festival, Honorary Award, Instructional

“The film went by too quickly . . . an excellent piece of work.” - Jerry Kustich, Author and Partner in Sweetgrass Bamboo Fly Rods

“Great visuals, intelligent commentary, wonderful music. And things move right along smartly.” - Larry Kenney, Writer and Fly Fishing Video & Gear Reviewer

“There's something almost voyeuristic, indeed sensual, about the act of fly fishing. People who have never touched a fly rod, or any other kind of rod, will stop to watch an accomplished fly caster swoosh sinuous loops of line between sky and water. Now, with the DVD release of Why Fly Fishing, you can peer straight into the eyes of fly fishing luminaries who espouse the fundamental, the philosophical and the spiritual, and begin to grasp what's so all-fired transfixing about such a seductive sport.” - Don Roberts, Founding editor of Flyfishing The West

“The film evokes the beauty of the environment in which fishing takes place. I love the way you got Joan, John, Nick, Flip and everyone else to express their love of fly fishing and see many of them actually doing it. You couldn't have chosen better folks. My daughter said it's the best fishing DVD she's ever seen, and she doesn't praise often.” - Dave Hughes, Author and Editor of Flyfishing & Tying Journal

“Why Fly Fishing beautifully illuminates numerous wide-ranging aspects that make fly fishing a lifestyle choice for so many of us—the science, the craft, the art, the poetry, the spiritual, the losing of one's self, the finding of one's self. Thank you for a wonderful film.” -Frank Bryant, Chota Outdoor Gear

Jeffrey Pill/Miracle Productions/American Fly Fishing Museum

"Eastern Rises"

2n700nl.jpg

An epic fly fishing journey to Russia's remote Kamchatka Peninsula

2008 | Drake Magazine, Best Film

2010 | Banff Mountain Festival, Best Film on Mountain Sport

2010 | Flagstaff Mountain FF, Best Action-Sport Film

2010 | Winston Rod FF, Winner Golden Trout

2010 | Telluride Mountain Film, Official Selection

2010 | Port Townsend FF, Official Selection

2010 | 5 Point Film Fest, Official Selection

2011 | Wild and Scenic Environmental FF, People’s Choice Award

“Ben Knight's cynical, snarky narration pulls you along on this humorous and intriguing tale of fishing Far East Russia. The cinematography is superb, the storytelling excellent, and the angling aspirational. Felt Soul may have made better film festival-ey movies, but they've never produced a better flyfishing movie." - Tom Bie, The Drake

“This film follows in the footsteps of one of the greatest documentaries I’ve seen, Red Gold - though this is a different insight into the great unknown of wild Russia. It’s poised as a classic Felt Soul production, with a great soundtrack and beautiful scenery. No one does it better than Felt Soul.” - Complete Thought Blog

“Yes, Eastern Rises is a movie about fishing – but it is the best fishing movie you will ever see. Ever.” - Bulumu Blog

“Hands down, Eastern Rises is among the best fly fishing films ever made, unsurpassed in cinematography, fishing footage, adventure journalism and humor.” - Telluride Angler

"Every moment in 'Eastern Rises' is fit for a still photo and each pan feels like butter to a warm skillet. Kamchatka is one of the world’s most spectacular and remote places, countless unnamed rivers holding the land together in silver bends, and it looks every bit that good here unfolding in a tight, funny narrative." - Matthew Beaudin, Telluride Daily Planet

" Eastern Rises was a stunningly beautiful look at one of the last truly wild places left on this ever shrinking, little blue orb we call home." - Urban Fly Ventures Blog

Felt Soul Media

"DVD's are cool but nothing can compare to seeing something on the big screen

with a couple of hundred cheering fishermen" - Nick Reygaert

Cardel Theatre, 180 Quarry Park Blvd SE

Two screenings, one matinee and one evening.

Each show will have a different lineup of films.

Matinee: Doors open @ 12:00 noon, Show @ 1:00 pm SHARP.

Evening: Doors open @ 5:30 pm, Show @ 6:30 pm SHARP.

Ticket Sales: $15 ($25 for both shows) in Advance, $20 at the door

Children: $10 ($15 for both shows) in Advance, $15 at the door

Limited seating

Purchase tickets here...

NOTE: Holders of Child (under 17) priced tickets will be required

to provide a valid photo ID before entering the screening room.

Google Map to Cardel Theatre

Please be aware that Google Maps does not appear to have all of the streets mapped out yet for this area.

But this will give you an idea of how to find the Cardel Theatre

1. "Will Call" table for tickets will be

just outside the Cardel Theatre.

2. Valid photo ID plus a copy of your confirmation are

required for ticket pickup at "Will Call" table.

3. If you fail to pick up your tickets we

shall not be responsible for this and

your money won't be refunded.

4. Please arrive EARLY for best seat selection,

and especially for "Will Call" tickets.

5. As a courtesy to other attendees,

latecomers will be seated at the

end of the first film.