Fly Fusion Forums

Kitchen Cabinet Refacing

I have a huge project in my kitchen that I'm about to undertake, but I'm pretty sure I don't want to do all of it myself. I've done quite a bit of online research and talked to some who have done what I'm about to do so I'm confident I know about the process, the work involved and what it takes to get a professional end product.

I have oak cabinets in my kitchen and I want to turn them into white ones. I've already done the granite counters and new backsplash, floors and paint and I feel that white cabinets with updated hardware, handles and hinges would really give it that final "updated/modernized" feel. However it's quite labour intensive in terms of the prep and if you don't use the right materials or have the right technique you're going to get cabinets that look like they were painted badly and not something that looks like it was a new cabinet install (which can be achieved and is what I'm after). I am confident that I have the time and ability to do the base cabinets - i.e. everything but the doors/drawers. Those are the pieces that are front and centre and need to be perfect in terms of the prep and application and it's the application part that I'm not sure I'm going to be able to pull off. So...I'm looking to outsource that piece of painting work to someone who has done this and who can show me how well they can do this.

So if you have any referrals or names, please pass along to me. I'd prefer to support the smaller business man who might be struggling or looking for some work, but he has to be able to deliver quality. I have 23 cupboard doors and 8 drawers.

Thanks!

Lynn

I would suggest new doors, MDF doors are what is normally used when painting them.

There cut out of one piece wether you want shaker or raised panal so you won't see any seams like you would if you did the oak doors.

I'm working out of town this week, when I get back I can come have a look if you want.