Fly Fusion Forums

Low Holing Powerboats

Gaffer

A buddy and I got out yesterday for perhaps one of the last nice days and had a great day. Lots of nice sized rainbows and plenty of greedy small guys.

An otherwise great day was interupted by some clown in a red dinghy with an jet. We were fishing a somewhat narrow streach near Cottonwood. I saw him coming up stream so I rowed a little to the nearest bank to give him some room to go up stream since I figured he would pass us and float above us.

Instead this guy stops, drops anchor and low holes us 40 feet down stream right in our path. I then had to row around this clown.

I doubt you are on this board as you were chuking gear but if you are you should know that the next time you will be hearing more from us about it.

For me, the jury is still out about power boats on the Bow, but the more time I spend out there with clowns like this, the more my opinion leans towards no power on the bow.

End rant.

Andrew

The guys I fish with who run jets on the Bow would never do that and always give drift boats and wading anglers a wide berth. They know that they can easily get to another spot in a matter of minutes with ease. I've had drift boats and pontoons low hole me or fish through the run I'm in plenty of times as well but I don't think they're all like that or should be banned. The thing is, you tend to remember the douchebags and not the courteous ones.

Jet boats are the future on the bow get used to them and be courtious when educating thoes who might not understand proper protocol. You catch more flies with honey than vinigar. Your situatiion is very similar to the guy walk and wadding who comes down to a run and jumps in up stream from you,, MAJOR foul, happens all the time take the opportunity to have a friendly conversation and fish with the guy taking turns on the hole this way you educate and remain equal and make friends.

Jet boats are the future on the bow get used to them and be courtious when educating thoes who might not understand proper protocol. You catch more flies with honey than vinigar. Your situatiion is very similar to the guy walk and wadding who comes down to a run and jumps in up stream from you,, MAJOR foul, happens all the time take the opportunity to have a friendly conversation and fish with the guy taking turns on the hole this way you educate and remain equal and make friends.

Keep talkin' like that & we'll have to change yer nickname from "Eye candy" to "I, Ghandi"... :angel:smail:

I do agree with ya, BTW...

I agree whole heartedly. Out of 10 guys with powerboats on the bow 9 of them seem to be idiots.

I bike to work and say the same about the fools driving down the road, eating cereal, applying make-up, and texting as they rush to work.

This is not exclusive to powerboaters, we are surrounded by these 9 out of 10`s

Low holers, and lead footers are rampant on the Bow, walk n wade, jets, or drift boats. I don't think the problem is isolated to any one particular group. I think (hope) a lot of people just don't know their etiquete.

I agree that bad manners are not limited to powerboaters, and I dont want to paint them all with the same brush. This one just happened to be a powerboating spin caster. We passed another gentleman who was wading and he said he has seen this same guy do that numerous times.

Some people are dicks no matter what the fish/drive or do.

I just needed to vent a little, and hopefully people will think twice about what they are doing out there.

Andrew