Fly Fusion Forums

Cutty On The Forestry Trunk

jasonvilly

Well I drove up the Forestry trunk road hitting a few spots along the way.

Day was really okay, 6 degrees but absolutely no wind, which is really weird for the mountains.

I was able to hit up Racehorse, The Gap and then spent most of the afternoon on the Livingstone.

I was able to pull in 5 Cutts ranging from 12-15ish, and 1 whitefish. My aunt was about the same, except that in one pool she hooked onto a massive bull, I saw it, awesome fish. However her 5wt rod with 4x tippet wasnt enough to get him to hand (too bad it would have been nice to measure him). He rolled and broke off just like that.

I was able to get a quick picture of my first cutty of the day before my camera died. Note to self charge your camera or at least check it before you leave.

They were hitting prince nymph a bit but we flipped a few rocks and found some green colored small what I believe were caddis nymphs. I found a green shiny nymph in my box (not sure of the name) and they were in love with it.

All of the fish were in deep pools, none were found in tail outs, riffles or seams.

post-3792-1287945928.jpg

Guest Sundancefisher
I was able to pull in 5 Cutts ranging from 12-15ish, and 1 whitefish. My aunt was about the same, except that in one pool she hooked onto a massive bull, I saw it, awesome fish. However her 5wt rod with 4x tippet wasnt enough to get him to hand (too bad it would have been nice to measure him). He rolled and broke off just like that.

They are such pretty fish.

Sundance

Not sure if you meant the Cutty or Bull, But that was the first bull I saw, and I thought he was pretty neat with the white leading edges on his fins. Super sleak looking fish.

But the Cutty's were nice too with their pink/purple bellies.

Hawg

All of the ones I caught were really healthy (no scars or damage, big bellies ready for winter) I thought that was nice to see.

The only thing I disliked was the ATV crossing not 20ft from the hole were the Bull was.